Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral Talkfavorite to win the world cup Russia 2018
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
favorite to win the world cup Russia 2018

Locked

favorite soccer team to win the world cup?

Poll ended Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:12  »  Voted by 167 members  »  Single-choice
23
14%
36
22%
14
8%
13
8%
11
7%
11
7%
16
10%
5
3%
2
1%
7
4%
14
8%
15
9%

#1 by Pattoqro » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:39

Pattoqro
Posts
Subscribe to this Member's RSS Feed
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
2,064
Member Since28 Mar 2016
Last VisitToday
Likes Given229
Likes Received1,085/622
Referrals5
Tasks33,961
Offers4,264

#2 by Nikorj » Sun Jun 10, 2018 04:08

Well i'm (Of course) rooting for Denmark.

If we can get our game together we are better than Mexico, Uruguay and Colombia, And pretty much on par with Belgium.

Don't forget we beat Poland 4-1 and trashed Ireland 1-5 in Dublin.

And if we really get it together we can also match England, Portugal and Rusia.

But we are an unstable team and has a bit difficulties scoring goals sometimes.

But Germany, Spain, France, Brazil, Argentina are a different story, In those matches we also need a dose of luck ;)
Nikorj
Posts
Subscribe to this Member's RSS Feed
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
1,173
Member Since27 Apr 2014
Last VisitToday
Likes Given883
Likes Received996/610
Balance$150.86
Earned$1,207.94
Tasks116
Offers1,553

#3 by tasman1 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 07:03

Germany or England but hope for Germany
tasman1
Posts
Subscribe to this Member's RSS Feed
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
7,533
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given7,743
Likes Received8,458/4,124
Balance$0.38
Earned$3,299.90
Referrals0
Tasks11,891
Offers17,317

#4 by Nikorj » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:45

If i have to be more realistic about it i would pick Brazil, Simply because they're the most entertaining team when they are at their best.

Would be interesting with a semi or final between them and Germany :thumbup:

Tas, how would you review Australia's chance?? ;)
Nikorj
Posts
Subscribe to this Member's RSS Feed
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
1,173
Member Since27 Apr 2014
Last VisitToday
Likes Given883
Likes Received996/610
Balance$150.86
Earned$1,207.94
Tasks116
Offers1,553

#5 by WaRDFrA » Sun Jun 10, 2018 13:54

Nikorj wrote: If we can get our game together we are better than Mexico, Uruguay and Colombia, And pretty much on par with Belgium.

I've always been a fan of Denmark since I was just a child cheering on Peter Schmeichel and it's true that Denmark has a good national team right now, but:

Better than Mexico? ---> Quite likely. Mexican national team is having internal issues, a coach nobody understands and the half of their team is partying.

Better than Uruguay? ---> I don't think so, Do you know some guys named SUÁREZ and CAVANI?

Better than Colombia? ---> Unlikely, maybe on par with Colombia if Colombia suffers from stage fright and it's not a good day for them.

Pretty much on par with Belgium? ---> I do not think so either, Denmark doesn't have Lukaku or Hazard. Belgium has a really good national team. They could win the cup if it is the right time.

Nikorj wrote: if we really get it together we can also match England, Portugal and Rusia.

Match England? ---> Quite likely. Denmark could even beat England when their legs start to shake in 2nd Round (Eighth finals).

Match Portugal? ---> Quite likely. Portugal (Current European Champion) is only Cristiano Ronaldo, Pepe, Quaresma (In the bench) and 9 other irrelevant players on the pitch.

Match Russia? ---> Denmark can easily beat Russia, they have NO CHANCE. Russia will lose the opening match against Saudí Arabia no doubt about it. Of course, if nothing strange happens in that game.

Regards.
Last edited by WaRDFrA » Sun Jun 10, 2018 14:54 » edited 1 time in total
WaRDFrA
Posts
Subscribe to this Member's RSS Feed
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
674
Member Since14 Jun 2016
Last VisitToday
Likes Given2
Likes Received417/221

#6 by WaRDFrA » Sun Jun 10, 2018 14:16

tasman1 wrote: Germany or England but hope for Germany

Germany ---> Most important candidate to win the world cup along with Brazil, France, possibly Spain and in 5th place Argentina.

England ---> No CHANCE. Eighth finals tops.

Nikorj wrote: Australia's chance??

Australia has a good chance of accessing the round of 16 by a combination of results if they get a good result against Denmark or Perú, but that would be it. Forget about the first game against France ---> No CHANCE.

Regards.
WaRDFrA
Posts
Subscribe to this Member's RSS Feed
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
674
Member Since14 Jun 2016
Last VisitToday
Likes Given2
Likes Received417/221

#7 by Nikorj » Sun Jun 10, 2018 16:32

WaRDFrA wrote:
tasman1 wrote: Germany or England but hope for Germany

Germany ---> Most important candidate to win the world cup along with Brazil, France, possibly Spain and in 5th place Argentina.

England ---> No CHANCE. Eighth finals tops.

Nikorj wrote: Australia's chance??

Australia has a good chance of accessing the round of 16 by a combination of results if they get a good result against Denmark or Perú, but that would be it. Forget about the first game against France ---> No CHANCE.

Regards.

He he we'll find out soon enough.

My predictions will only hold true if we can top our game, But there's 1 player we can't afford getting injured and that's Christian Eriksen (He's is crucial).

I just don't agree on that Uruguay and Colombia are better than England and Portugal, And Russia do have the home advantage (That should mean something).

BTW we just beat mexico 2-0, please stop comparing us with the 80s/90s, That was a different era.

Saudi Arabia beats Russia :lol: :lol: (Are you sure?), You have some quite interesting opinions ;)
Nikorj
Posts
Subscribe to this Member's RSS Feed
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
1,173
Member Since27 Apr 2014
Last VisitToday
Likes Given883
Likes Received996/610
Balance$150.86
Earned$1,207.94
Tasks116
Offers1,553

#8 by WaRDFrA » Sun Jun 10, 2018 17:23

Nikorj wrote: He he we'll find out soon enough.

My predictions will only hold true if we can top our game, But there's 1 player we can't afford getting injured and that's Christian Eriksen (He's is crucial).

I just don't agree on that Uruguay and Colombia are better than England and Portugal, And Russia do have the home advantage (That should mean something).

BTW we just beat mexico 2-0, please stop comparing us with the 80s/90s, That was a different era.

Saudi Arabia beats Russia :lol: :lol: (Are you sure?), You have some quite interesting opinions ;)

Well, in a month we'll know who was right and who wasn't.

That's the beauty of a world cup, everyone has their opinion about it, but in the end nobody knows what will happen in reality and even some surprise could occur during the tournament and leave everyone open-mouthed and some people richer than others in terms of bets.

Denmark also have a good chance of moving to the next round if they get a good result against Australia or Peru. It's a very even group for the second place.

P.S.: Russia will definitely lose against Saudí Arabia... I'm betting on that.

Regards.
Last edited by WaRDFrA » Sun Jun 10, 2018 17:58 » edited 1 time in total
WaRDFrA
Posts
Subscribe to this Member's RSS Feed
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
674
Member Since14 Jun 2016
Last VisitToday
Likes Given2
Likes Received417/221

#9 by Nikorj » Sun Jun 10, 2018 18:26

WaRDFrA wrote:
Nikorj wrote: He he we'll find out soon enough.

My predictions will only hold true if we can top our game, But there's 1 player we can't afford getting injured and that's Christian Eriksen (He's is crucial).

I just don't agree on that Uruguay and Colombia are better than England and Portugal, And Russia do have the home advantage (That should mean something).

BTW we just beat mexico 2-0, please stop comparing us with the 80s/90s, That was a different era.

Saudi Arabia beats Russia :lol: :lol: (Are you sure?), You have some quite interesting opinions ;)

Well, in a month we'll know who was right and who wasn't.

That's the beauty of a world cup, everyone has their opinion about it, but in the end nobody knows what will happen in reality and even some surprise could occur during the tournament and leave everyone open-mouthed and some people richer than others in terms of bets.

Denmark also have a good chance of moving to next round if they get a good result against Australia or Peru. It's a very even group for the second place.

P.S.: Russia will definitely lose against Saudí Arabia... I'm betting on that.

Regards.

Yeah!!, Looking forward to some good football in the telly.

We will take the 2nd place, Cause taking 1st place would just be downright rude.

Just don't google how we performed in 2010 (Please) :silent:

Best of luck to everyone.
Nikorj
Posts
Subscribe to this Member's RSS Feed
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
1,173
Member Since27 Apr 2014
Last VisitToday
Likes Given883
Likes Received996/610
Balance$150.86
Earned$1,207.94
Tasks116
Offers1,553

#10 by LuisFellipe » Sun Jun 10, 2018 19:04

Nikorj wrote: Well i'm (Of course) rooting for Denmark.

If we can get our game together we are better than Mexico, Uruguay and Colombia, And pretty much on par with Belgium.

Don't forget we beat Poland 4-1 and trashed Ireland 1-5 in Dublin.

And if we really get it together we can also match England, Portugal and Rusia.

But we are an unstable team and has a bit difficulties scoring goals sometimes.

But Germany, Spain, France, Brazil, Argentina are a different story, In those matches we also need a dose of luck ;)

Not really

Belgium, in my opinion, has the best squad in this World Cup. But hey need work as a team, best young squad
LuisFellipe
Posts
Subscribe to this Member's RSS Feed
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
784
Member Since17 May 2015
Last VisitToday
Likes Given17
Likes Received166/125

#11 by goroinogashira » Sun Jun 10, 2018 20:24

I support Russia cuz I like their anthem.
goroinogashira
Posts
Subscribe to this Member's RSS Feed
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
109
Member Since14 Mar 2017
Last Visit21 Oct 2018
Likes Given14
Likes Received90/38
Earned$2,146.07

#12 by Nikorj » Mon Jun 11, 2018 02:51

LuisFellipe wrote:
Nikorj wrote: Well i'm (Of course) rooting for Denmark.

If we can get our game together we are better than Mexico, Uruguay and Colombia, And pretty much on par with Belgium.

Don't forget we beat Poland 4-1 and trashed Ireland 1-5 in Dublin.

And if we really get it together we can also match England, Portugal and Rusia.

But we are an unstable team and has a bit difficulties scoring goals sometimes.

But Germany, Spain, France, Brazil, Argentina are a different story, In those matches we also need a dose of luck ;)

Not really

Belgium, in my opinion, has the best squad in this World Cup. But hey need work as a team, best young squad

They have a good squad, But far from the best.

Is not enough having good players's, They also need to perform together.
Nikorj
Posts
Subscribe to this Member's RSS Feed
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
1,173
Member Since27 Apr 2014
Last VisitToday
Likes Given883
Likes Received996/610
Balance$150.86
Earned$1,207.94
Tasks116
Offers1,553

#13 by tasman1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 03:20

Heck ,did you all forget my Croatia ? Ah gee , some folks here think I am Australian , no way , just a Croat in Australian jail
tasman1
Posts
Subscribe to this Member's RSS Feed
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
7,533
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given7,743
Likes Received8,458/4,124
Balance$0.38
Earned$3,299.90
Referrals0
Tasks11,891
Offers17,317

#14 by zegon » Mon Jun 11, 2018 06:09

I think Russia needs to "PUT-IN" more good players to their team.
zegon
Posts
Subscribe to this Member's RSS Feed
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
859
Member Since23 May 2015
Last VisitToday
Likes Given175
Likes Received806/429
Balance$226.12
Earned$583.26
Referrals6
Offers2,719

#15 by WaRDFrA » Mon Jun 11, 2018 08:44

tasman1 wrote: Heck ,did you all forget my Croatia ?

No way ---> Croatia has a very good team and I'd say that in their group they could even take the first place from Argentina. In Argentina they are really worried about Modric, Rakitic and company.

Regards.
WaRDFrA
Posts
Subscribe to this Member's RSS Feed
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
674
Member Since14 Jun 2016
Last VisitToday
Likes Given2
Likes Received417/221

#16 by Nikorj » Mon Jun 11, 2018 09:39

WaRDFrA wrote:
tasman1 wrote: Heck ,did you all forget my Croatia ?

No way ---> Croatia has a very good team and I'd say that in their group they could even take the first place from Argentina. In Argentina they are really worried about Modric, Rakitic and company.

Regards.

Sorry totally forgot about that, You need to change your user-name to Hrvatska ;)

Yes!! indeed Croatia have a very good chance advancing from the group stages.

Can't help being a little impressed with Iceland at the moment, finished top of their qualification group and went straight ahead for the World cup.
Nikorj
Posts
Subscribe to this Member's RSS Feed
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
1,173
Member Since27 Apr 2014
Last VisitToday
Likes Given883
Likes Received996/610
Balance$150.86
Earned$1,207.94
Tasks116
Offers1,553

#17 by Pattoqro » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:40

I think the final could be Germany Vs Brazil
Pattoqro
Posts
Subscribe to this Member's RSS Feed
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
2,064
Member Since28 Mar 2016
Last VisitToday
Likes Given229
Likes Received1,085/622
Referrals5
Tasks33,961
Offers4,264

#18 by Blaneisbrady » Tue Jun 12, 2018 00:59

Brazil, would of won in 2014 if Neymar stay healthy. He is to good!
Blaneisbrady
Posts
Subscribe to this Member's RSS Feed
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
26
Member Since26 Oct 2014
Last Visit23 Jul 2018
Likes Given4
Likes Received18/10
Balance$0.01
Earned$922.72
Referrals2
Tasks1
Offers917

#19 by Pattoqro » Wed Jun 13, 2018 15:35

Blaneisbrady wrote: Brazil, would of won in 2014 if Neymar stay healthy. He is to good!

Maybe, but Germany is always favorite
Pattoqro
Posts
Subscribe to this Member's RSS Feed
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
2,064
Member Since28 Mar 2016
Last VisitToday
Likes Given229
Likes Received1,085/622
Referrals5
Tasks33,961
Offers4,264

#20 by charmoeren » Thu Jun 14, 2018 01:57

GERMANY will win the World Cup. ( but i hope Denmark will go far in the turnament )

They play football like a machine.........
charmoeren
Posts
Subscribe to this Member's RSS Feed
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
338
Member Since3 Oct 2014
Last VisitToday
Likes Given5
Likes Received355/194
Balance$25.13
Earned$963.23
Referrals0
Tasks810
Offers1,960
Return to 'General Talk' Forum     Return to the forums index
All times displayed are EST - Server Time: Oct 23, 2018 21:49:41 EST