Please wait...
HomeForumMembers LoungeGeneral Talknot my fault because of intermittent signal
Topic Rating:

Jump to
Members LoungeYour StatsSuccess StoriesPayment ProofsMember IntroductionGeneral TalkForo en EspañolCharla GeneralSoporte General y PagosInternationalPortugueseItalianFrenchGermanNederlandsGreekHindiUrduBengaliFilipinoIndonesianMalayArabicRomanianTurkishRussianBulgarianHungarianPolishEx-Yugoslavia
not my fault because of intermittent signal

#1 by chanun2018 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 08:17

What will I do because the survey I started to answer was not finished because the internet was down...
chanun2018
Topics Only   Topics & Replies
Member Since1 Jun 2018
Last Visit1 Jun 2019
Likes Given0
Likes Received0
Balance$1.37
Earned$41.52
Referrals0
Tasks31
Offers96

#2 by valerie » Thu Jan 10, 2019 08:18

You answered your own question.

You said your internet was down so you missed being able to complete it.
There is nothing you can do about that.
valerie
Member Since27 Feb 2007
Last VisitToday
Likes Given2,983
Likes Received15,487/5,772

#3 by Sarge25 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 17:42

Maybe he / she didn't necessarily mean his / her connection went down.

It happens sometimes 'cause the providers server goes down and you get 'Error, connection timed out' when it tries to direct you and it'll tell YOU to check YOUR connection. :roll: Clixsense says there's nothing to be done on this ocassion, but to try another. :silent:
Sarge25
Member Since21 Feb 2015
Last Visit19 May 2019
Likes Given85
Likes Received397/242
Earned$1,062.58
Tasks3,185
Offers1,287

#4 by DannyChiarelli » Thu Jan 10, 2019 18:26

Quote:Maybe he / she didn't necessarily mean his / her connection went down.

It happens sometimes 'cause the providers server goes down and you get 'Error, connection timed out' when it tries to direct you and it'll tell YOU to check YOUR connection. Clixsense says there's nothing to be done on this ocassion, but to try another.

If this is indeed the case...

Next time it happens (...and it will)

Wait a minute then refresh the page.
NOT a guarantee but, sometimes it works.
DannyChiarelli
Member Since4 Aug 2016
Last VisitToday
Likes Given3
Likes Received539/377
Balance$38.06
Earned$1,393.87
Referrals0
Tasks181
Offers26,603

#5 by Sarge25 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 19:03

DannyChiarelli wrote:

It happens sometimes 'cause the providers server goes down and you get 'Error, connection timed out' when it tries to direct you and it'll tell YOU to check YOUR connection. Clixsense says there's nothing to be done on this ocassion, but to try another.

I did, I hit refresh and the back button to get the message "Sorry, you have already completed this survey"

Then I went on my merry way with my screenshots to Clixsense help desk and got an 'Unfortunately......." message back.

I was also told in their reply it's best not to refresh....... "A page refresh should never be attempted during a survey as this may trigger some security filters on their systems but as a last resort it might have been helpful on this case"

....but what's the first thing a person's going to attempt when thy spend time and energy on a survey to have that happen? Refresh, of course. Either that or just close out. :?
Sarge25
Member Since21 Feb 2015
Last Visit19 May 2019
Likes Given85
Likes Received397/242
Earned$1,062.58
Tasks3,185
Offers1,287

#6 by tasman1 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 19:09

Sarge25 wrote:
DannyChiarelli wrote:

I did, I hit refresh and the back button to get the message "Sorry, you have already completed this survey"

Then I went on my merry way with my screenshots to Clixsense help desk and got an 'Unfortunately......." message back.

I was also told in their reply it's best not to refresh....... "A page refresh should never be attempted during a survey as this may trigger some security filters on their systems but as a last resort it might have been helpful on this case"

....but what's the first thing a person's going to attempt when thy spend time and energy on a survey to have that happen? Refresh, of course. Either that or just close out. :?

Refresh works here in 5% of all atempts,
tasman1
Member Since5 May 2012
Last VisitToday
Likes Given9,081
Likes Received9,768/4,804
Balance$35.29
Earned$4,124.72
Referrals0
Tasks11,891
Offers18,679

#7 by Sarge25 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 19:16

tasman1 wrote:
Sarge25 wrote:
DannyChiarelli wrote:

Refresh works here in 5% of all atempts,

That's a pretty small percentage though. ;)

I refreshed more than once, it still did not work for me unfortunately.

....but I agree, it does work and helps on some occasions.
Sarge25
Member Since21 Feb 2015
Last Visit19 May 2019
Likes Given85
Likes Received397/242
Earned$1,062.58
Tasks3,185
Offers1,287

#8 by nursemorph » Fri Jan 11, 2019 01:50

Sometimes I go into the browser's history and re-open the survey page from there...it works occasionally but it depends on how the survey is set up...a lot of surveys are setup so that interruptions terminate the survey no matter the cause
nursemorph
Member Since14 Jan 2010
Last VisitToday
Likes Given901
Likes Received621/338
Earned$1,724.78
Tasks14,723
Offers15,697

#9 by freelizard » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:45

nursemorph wrote: Sometimes I go into the browser's history and re-open the survey page from there...it works occasionally but it depends on how the survey is set up...a lot of surveys are setup so that interruptions terminate the survey no matter the cause

I've done that too , it works sometimes , and yeah .. depending upon how the survey is set up

Otherwise , you're SOL

:silent: :(
freelizard
Member Since21 Jul 2010
Last Visit28 May 2019
Likes Given6
Likes Received209/135
Balance$155.57
Earned$2,753.24
Tasks18
Offers33,063