splat44 wrote: Valerie, I don't know what you mean by earning a whole lot less?
Can you explain?
If you consider my reply above:
splat44 wrote: Ya that would a a great option but I don't think it should be counted toward daily bonus as this isn't guaranty the amount of paid to read (PTR) as in PTC
In term of daily bonus:
Since amount of ptr isn't guaranty, if this goes through then perhaps jim might add on daily bonus calculation as long member does what require daily as usual?
importantly, we must have a very active email server in terms of spam filtering!
We clearly PTR link isn't guaranty to be included list of requirements toward daily bonus but can included as everall as bonus for doing what's already require for bonus.
Again I fail to see your reasoning!
valerie wrote: You'd make a lot less money if this was implemented, a whole lot less.
Oh, more than one reason, in my mind anyway.
1. Spam. This problem is so huge that it would take me a lot of time to type everything it would consist of. Email programs such as Hotmail, Yahoo and other lame junk email box's would overwhelm and bounce like crazy. Not to mention entering into the members email box very slow, after the ad ended. ClixSense would be blocked heavily and it wouldn't take long. A good example is Facebook and even Youtube blocking CS as well as other GPT/PTC/PTR. There's a whole lot more as I stated but no time to write a book on this subject. CS is of course very much aware of all the issues.
2. Server Overload. ClixSense stopped sending regular emails years ago due to the server overload, spam filters, etc. They only send the welcome emails now (enrollment) and the sponsor email (ref notification). Server overload can result in a lot more expense and I would think probably a lot more expense than what they would make. Here again, bounce backs can be a big issue.
You folks ever see a bounce back? You send an email to a dead box and what happens? It bounces back to you, doesn't it? Yes. Have you ever received that same one over and over and over and over again? Many will also make a loop. A thousand bounce backs can result in hundreds of thousands of returns, over and over and over again for days and days and days and days and days. All taking a big toll on the servers. The result can be a huge slow down of the CS websites, stalls, and even crashing.
3. How many emails would YOU get? Well, if you are any where outside of the USA, good luck because most will be targeted to the USA member base.
4. Advertisers Decisions won't look good. Why? Because only a few things can happen:
A - The advertiser chooses NOT to advertise on ClixSense because he wants to choose the email send. Thereby, reducing out member ad views.
B - The advertiser does NOT choose to advertise through the email because it would cost too much to do so. After all, CS can't send out thousands of emails to a targeted amount of people unless they charge a hefty rate.
C - Who does CS send the ad to? There's got to be some hefty programming involved or they play willy nilly with the send button? For example, an advertiser pays for 1000 emails to be sent to USA premium members only. WHICH 1000 members are going to receive that email?
Even the top PTR email programs such as HTMails couldn't hold the candle for long. Programs like Donkey mails, well, I think they stopped sending emails a millennium ago. Most PTR's that exist today, members must LOG IN and then click the message. Hey, what about those two great PTR's that shut down a couple of years ago? That owner was legit, charge little, paid out little, had an extremely active member base and advertiser base BUT the dollars just wasn't there to keep him running. He had to let it go.
5. Dare I mention the word? Should I? The word is.... FAIR. If that isn't one of the most over used words in this industry or even the entire world, I don't know what is. When there is angry upset members, well things don't look good. You know what happens to unhappy customers don't ya? They shop else where. There goes the member database....down down down......there goes the referrals the sponsors worked hard to achieve.....down down down.
There's a reason why PTC became popular and Emails clogging up the internet highway, is not one of them.
Of course, that is me doing my own thinking and maybe a tad of self experience tossed in too.