- Select a robot by either clicking on its icon, or by pressing the number key assigned to it.
- Click on a lane button (arrow buttons along left edge) to build the selected robot.
- You can also use items in battle. Simply select an item and click on the battlefield to do so. Each item can only be used once.
- The scrap resource cost of each robot is shown on their icons. Your current stockpile of scrap is shown at the top of the screen. The scrap income rate slowly increases during a battle, and you can gain more scrap by destroying enemy robots. Your maximum scrap capacity is 1000, so make sure to spend it before maxing out.
- Your objective in all league matches is to gain 20 points by crossing the opposite edge with your robots. Many missions have different objectives, and these are explained within the game under 'Robopedia.'
Building, Purchasing and Missions:
- You can modify your robot designs in the Garage. Each robot consists of five different parts, each with various properties that are added together to form your robot's attributes.
- You can have a total of 15 different robot designs saved, but can only take 4 of them into a battle. You can switch between different designs in the office.
- From the office you can challenge Robo League opponents in your quest to become world champion, as well as accept various missions.
- From the store you can purchase new parts and items to further improve your chances. Only a small selection of parts is initially available, and you must complete missions to unlock more.